Friday, August 21, 2009

Trivia & Bingo

Most Wednesdays I went to trivia at the Marly in Newtown. However, this stylish pub is not the only place that offers a Trivia night. In fact, any night of the week you can find a trivia somewhere in Sydney. Before coming to Australia I had never engaged in Trivia before but it is great. SO, here is how it works: 1. you go to a bar with friends ( or shall I say mates) 2. You and your friends answer questions on a piece of paper as announced by a sensational host 3. If you get the most questions correct you win money to the bar/ free beer !

At the Marly I was part of the team called " Mt. Cleverest". Many of the questions happened to be about the U.S, but despite my citizenship I was of no use. To be perfectly honest I am shit at Trivia, like really terrible at it. BUT, I am good at bingo which you need no skill for. I guess that means I'm just lucky

When I moved to Glebe I noticed that my local pub, called the Toxtenth hotel, offered free bingo on Sunday nights. Intrigued, I made an appearance AND won! I went to Bingo twice and all together won $140 to the bar and a meat tray!!!! AMAZING! I won mostly because I was the only one playing... but still, it was great! It was really entertaining too, mostly because of the host. For each number announced there was a saying that went along with it. Most of these sayings rhymed, for example: "#8, heavens gait". However some of the sayings made NO SENSE, for example: " #56, was she worth it". UMM.... what does that mean? or another personal favorite of mine: "# 2, 1 duck". If the number is 2 then why is there only one duck. That makes no sense. if these make sense to you please share you superior intelligence with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment