Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Side Bar on a Wednesday Night

So tonight I went to side bar, a bar near railway square. My roommate had been there before and asked me if I liked to dance when she heard I was going there. This comment made me nervous because at clubs in Boston I hate to dance. I hate rap and weird men rubbing up against me; it all is just not my thing. Despite this, I did agree to go and I am really pleased that I did.
We walked into this big room, with dim lights, and a band playing great music,but not just any great music.... 90's music, MY FAVORITE!!!!! I absolutely plan to go back there. 90's music is the shit. End of story.

The only thing to take note of was this one women. She was wearing a big bag on her arm and kept knocking me over with her huge purse. I don't mean bump into, I mean knock over. One time I legitimately fell. After her pushing me away with her bag 6 times I just had to stand there and just watch her. My friend, Jessie, also took notice of her interesting moves..... It was obvious that it was impossible to dance beside her, so we just started dancing with her. We found out that it was her birthday, but she declined to tell us how old she was turning. I'm guessing 30.

3 comments:

  1. 90s music is amazing, you are so right :)
    i miss you mucho!
    - willa

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol MARISA! lolololol. That stupid b-day girl should have brought a smaller purse...she prob thought she was gonna have to kidnap a guy or she had alcohol in it

    I'm glad you had a great time! =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I randomly stumbled across this blog today and had to send a quick note because I had so many good times at Sidebar in Sydney. I stayed at Wakeup, so it was a little too convenient.

    I hope you're having a fabulous time in Australia. If you have time, check out my
    Working Holiday Australia blog.

    ReplyDelete